Kansas City, Missouri 64112
Gross Leasable Area
Retail: 784,000 square feet
Office: 420,000 square feet
Total Gross Leasable Area
(15-block radius spanning 55 acres)
1,246,000 square feet
About Country Club Plaza
- Country Club Plaza, also known as The Plaza, was originally developed in 1922. The Taubman and Macerich partnership is only the third owner. The Plaza is much more than a single destination. It is the epicenter and namesake of Kansas City’s most desirable submarket for retail, office, residential, hospitality and medical uses, all of which were developed around the amenity-rich Country Club Plaza.
- Kansas Citians have a personal pride about The Plaza. Generations have grown up with it and the area has become an urban cultural district centered around The Plaza.
- Exceptional mix of retailers including Anthropologie, Apple, Athleta, Lucky Brand Jeans, lululemon, H&M, Madewell, The North Face, Tiffany & Co., Tommy Bahama, Urban Outfitters and Williams-Sonoma.
- There are over 70 unique-to-market tenants that include Burberry, Eileen Fisher, Free People, Kate Spade New York, Moosejaw, St. John, Sur La Table, Tesla, Vineyard Vines, Warby Parker and West Elm.
- Over 25 restaurants including BRIO Tuscan Grille, The Capital Grille, The Cheesecake Factory, Cooper’s Hawk, Fiorella’s Jack Stack Barbecue, Gram & Dun, Kaldi’s Coffee, Kona Grill, P.F. Chang’s and Seasons 52.
- Fortune 1000 Companies with headquarters in Kansas City include Cerner, DST Systems, Great Plains Energy, Hallmark, H&R Block, Kansas City Southern, Lansing Trade Group, Seabord and YRC Worldwide.
- Within a 15-mile radius of The Plaza, there are over 1.3 million people and over 130,000 households earning over $100,000 annually.
- Kansas City hosted a record 24 million visitors in 2015, with an economic impact of $3.1 billion. Over 40% of Country Club Plaza’s shoppers are tourists.
- 2017 will feature the 86th Annual Plaza Art Fair, which is ranked as one of the top five art fairs in the United States.
- The Plaza is at the heart of where people live and work, with over 20 condominium communities within walking distance and many mutli-million dollar homes within 5 miles of The Plaza.
- The 88th Annual Plaza Lighting Ceremony is a beloved Kansas City holiday tradition that packs the streets of The Plaza with the lights shining from Thanksgiving through mid‑January.
- Kansas City has some of the greatest sports fans in the world. Whether they’re rooting for Royals baseball, Chiefs football or Sporting KC soccer, the people in Kansas City know how to represent their team and their city with fanatical pride!
Daytime Employees (within 5 miles)